ruhi The Bakuchiol Oil Serum – new formula
Organic Oil Serum with 100% botanical retinol alternative bakuchiol.
This Bakuchiol Oil Serum combines ancient knowledge about powerful medicinal plants with active ingredients from modern natural cosmetics.
Suitable for all skin types, perfect for dry, mature, sensitive skin that is prone to blemishes.
This 100% natural, minimally formulated oil serum is a real multitasker, just like you! It is effective like a serum and nourishes like an oil. It contains the botanical active ingredient Bakuchiol, which, according to current studies*, is just as effective as retinol, but without causing any skin irritation. Bakuchiol is obtained from the Indian Babchi plant and has long been used in Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Stimulates the skin’s natural repair mechanisms and helps repair fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage.
- Soothes inflammation, reduces blemishes and balances the skin.
- Promotes collagen production and increases elasticity as well as firmness of the skin.
The result is silky-soft and healthy skin with a unique glow. *Study by British Journal of Dermatology from 2018: Assessment of Topical Bakuchiol and Retinol for Facial Photoageing.
1% BAKUCHIOL (100% BOTANICAL RETINOL ALTERNATIVE)
Bakuchiol has been shown to stimulate collagen production, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and improve the texture and firmness of the skin. It is obtained from the Indian Babchi plant and has long been used in Ayurveda and in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Bio-based squalane sustainably sourced from sugarcane is the ideal basis of our serum. It provides the skin with intensive moisture and essential fatty acids while making it ultra-soft and dewy. Our squalane is a certified organic ingredient. Squalane oil is light, non-greasy and absorbs quickly.
POMEGRANATE SEED OIL (ORGANIC)
Exquisite, cold-pressed organic pomegranate oil stimulates cell renewal, balances natural oil production and has a strong antioxidant effect. It is particularly rich in punicic acid, a rare, unsaturated fatty acid that has exceptionally high antioxidant properties. The red fruit has played an important role in Persian beauty rituals for many centuries.
Turmeric extract prevents inflammation and soothes the skin. Turmeric is one of the most important medicinal plants in Ayurveda.
NATURAL VITAMIN E
Natural Vitamin E strengthens the skin barrier and protects against free radicals. At the same time, our high-dose vitamin E acts as a natural preservative and keeps our oil fresh for a long time.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL
- 100% natural and 98% organic ingredients
- Formulated with scientifically proven ingredients in reasonable concentrations
- Without fillers and water, contains only high quality, effective ingredients
- Free from essential oils, alcohol, synthetic colours, fragrances and preservatives, microplastics, mineral oils, silicones and parabens
- Naturally stable formulation without preservatives
- Vegan and cruelty free
- NEW: almost plastic-free packaging with 100% recyclable glass bottle, silicone dropper with aluminum ring (there is only a small plastic element inside the dropper).
HOW TO USE
The Bakuchiol Oil Serum can be applied in the morning or evening:
- Thoroughly cleanse your skin.
- Moisten your skin with water or a mild toner such as rose water. The oil serum should be applied onto slightly damp skin, enabling it to best soak into your skin.
- Now apply 4 to 5 drops of the oil serum onto your damp skin.
- Massage the oil serum gently into your skin. After just a few minutes, the oil serum has completely soaked into the skin. Enjoy your silky-smooth and glowing skin!
Tip: You can also use The Bakuchiol Oil Serum as an active-ingredient booster. Just add a few drops of the oil serum to your favourite skincare product. Unlike retinol, Bakuchiol does not make the skin sensitive to light. However, we recommend using sun protection as usual during the day.
This oil serum is perfect as a base oil for Gua Sha or jade roller massages. It is also ideal for gentle post-treatment after face brushing.
The Bakuchiol Oil Serum contains powerful active botanical ingredients in high concentrations. We therefore recommend that you perform a patch test before you incorporate the oil serum into your skincare routine. In this way, you can easily rule out an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. Simply apply a coin-sized amount of The Bakuchiol Oil Serum to your cheek and wait for at least 24 hours. If redness or skin irritation occurs, you should not use the oil serum.
During pregnancy or breastfeeding, please discuss individually with your doctor whether a Bakuchiol-containing skincare product can be used.
Squalane**, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil*, Bakuchiol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Hybrid Oil*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa Root Extract* ** made from 100% certified organic Sugarcane * certified organic *100% Natural / 98% Organic / 100% Vegan